.

.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

February 14th ~Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center


It was a very wet day in Girdwood, AK on Saturday, February 14th.

 But we enjoyed the animals at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center anyway.

Elijah and Rachel meeting the moose.


Elijah and the Musk Ox.
He had used some of his birthday money in the gift shop to buy the little stuffed musk ox.

"Hello little human, your coat looks tasty. May I try it?"


Mr Brown Bear was awake that day and roaming around. Fun for us to see but I imagine he wasn't too happy to find out it wasn't Spring yet despite this unseasonably warm weather Alaska is having.


Wood Bison


And finally the Elk.

We enjoyed a delicious lunch in Girdwood at the Silvertip Grill. So good!

Pretty great birthday if I do say so myself. :)

1 comment:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

It does look like a wonderful birthday! So amazing to see these animals close up!

I love the photo of the elk in the water.

Aunt Deanna