.

.

Monday, September 22, 2014

Eklutna Lake ~ Alaska

After a week of clouds the sunshine on Saturday was extra special. 

We drove less than an hour north of Anchorage to the beautiful Eklutna lake. 

The drive alone was worth it. 
Each twist and turn in the road seemed to bring even more and more colors and beauty.







Ethan at the edge of Eklutna Lake.






We could have spent all day here hiking the trails and enjoying the scenery but after a quick stop here we headed on the see if we could find Reflection Lake.

While Fall is my favorite time of the year I know it is a very short season here in Alaska and it'll be full on winter before we know it. I'm trying to soak up all the Autumn I can while it's here. 

I'm excited to experience our first winter (a white Christmas! yay!) in Alaska but also a little nervous to see how this Florida girl handles it. Pray for me, will ya? ;)

How are you all doing on this fine first day of Fall? Drinking apple cider and wearing cozy sweaters?

No comments: