.

.

Friday, July 11, 2014

Easy Trail Mix



"I'm hungry, mom!" are words I hear over and over every day. I'm sure many of you can identify! 
Nothing fills these growing boys for long.

I threw together this snack the other day and it was a hit with the boys!

I popped some popcorn on the stove top and let it cool.
Then added Cheerios and a few chocolate chips. 
Bam! Done!

You could add other goodies but I just used what I had in my cupboards.

I made it again yesterday and put it in individual zip lock baggies and took them with us to a play date. Of course the kids got hungry .2 seconds into it and were excited when I pulled these out. They were also happy to each have their own bag. 




What are your kids favorite snacks?

2 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

We love trail mixes. This is a brilliant idea! I just bought some natural honey nut O's, and I have everything else needed.

I like giving them their own back as that is their portion, and they can make it last as long as they want or eat it up!

Your a genius Mama!

Deanna

Neha said...

I'll try this for myself. Am hungry every couple of hours!